Dear Aberdeen Parents, girls and friends,

Dear Aberdeen Parents, girls and friends,

Welcome to the House blog. The aim of this blog is to give you access to non-vital information about the House and College. The girls get involved with so much at the College and I hope to use this forum as a way of keeping you informed of the activities they get involved in.



Please do join in and check it out whenever you can.



Best wishes,



Kate Newson

House Mistress of Aberdeen



Thursday 21 March 2013

Anabels's Gates of Avalon

The Gates of Avalon


I enter the city. Lights, sounds, tastes, scenes..... But no emotions. No feelings. As human as I may seem, this is the one thing I am incapable of doing. Feeling.

My new apartment is noticeably better then my old one back in London. No traces of the turbulent past, no scars shown. I leave my bag on the mattress and look out of my balcony. A huge expanse of tiny little lights, like flames that are very far away, look back at me. The sky is showered by millions of twinkling stars. It’s a beautiful view, but to me it has no effect. No trace of nostalgia or overwhelming nervousness, not even relief of completing my journey. I leave the blinds open, and turn to the empty mattress lying in the floor. My exhaustion is becoming heavier as I walk towards it, so I let myself fall. I lay there, not caring that there are no bed sheets on it. I close my eyes and let this new city taste me. I soon fall asleep, knowing that, when I wake up, everything is going to be different. Change. But for now, I let go. The silent city embraces me.
I woke up, a stream of light shining through the window. I remembered faintly what happened last night. The silence, the lights, the magic of it... Now it was just a lost memory. The daylight made the city more arid and unwelcoming, if that was possible. It was nothing like the previous night. The brightness taunted me, and I wished I could go back in time.
I got off the mattress and walked to the balcony. The coolness of the early morning struck me, but I didn't care. You could see the city was alive, but in with a slight air of confusion, desperation, impatience...I preferred it before. At night all you could sense was a vibrancy, a fantasy, a mystery.
I went back inside...
"Good morning" I said to myself

No comments:

Post a Comment